60 minutes of play is recommended each day. Some fun ways families play every day are:
- Give children toys that promote physical activity such as balls, kites, jump ropes, hula hoops, bikes, or scooters
- Facilitate a safe walk to and from school a few times a week
- Join a sports team or try a new physical activity
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Walk around the block after a meal
- Spend time together doing a fun activity as a family, such as a swim day or bike day.
The City of Santa Clarita offers many opportunities for play in our community: